Fri, Oct 29|
NFPA COMBO, OPS #21-033
6-Day NFPA 1006 Confined Space and Rope Rescue Operations
Time & Location
Oct 29, 2021, 8:00 a.m.
Coquitlam, BC, 1500 Hartley Ave #102, Coquitlam, BC V3K 7A1, Canada
About the Course
Friday, Saturday, & Sunday October 29/30/31st
Friday, Saturday, & Sunday November 5/6/7th
Our 6-day Combination Confined Space/Rope Rescue Awareness & Operations course is a condensed program that takes advantage of the fact that many skills crossover between both disciplines (e.g. creating a mechanical advantage pulley system). Successful participants will gain the knowledge and skills to be an Operations level rescuer as outlined in NFPA 1006, Chapters 5 & 7. Building on the Basic Rescuer foundation skills, participants will be challenged to approach technical scenarios in a High Angle environment and will be introduced to rescue in a Confined Space environment. The course includes theory in a classroom environment but focuses on a hands-on approach to learning new equipment and refining techniques. Successful participants will be given two certificates: Confined Space Rescue, Awareness & Operations and Rope Rescue, Awareness & Operations.
This course normally runs in Coquitlam and North Vancouver.
Skills taught include:
- Define a confined space
- Identify types of confined spaces
- Explain the different hazard types found in spaces
- Mitigate hazards and perform control techniques
- Utilize personal protective equipment
- Comprehend basic atmospheric monitoring concepts
- Direct a team in the operation of simple and compound rope mechanical advantage system
- Direct a lowering/raising operations in high-angle and confined space environments
- Construct a multiple-point anchor system
- Construct a compound rope mechanical advantage system
- Ascend/Descend a fixed rope in a high-angle environment
- Tie and use knots, bends, and hitches
- Perform a slope rescue with a patient in a litter
Includes digital textbook. PPE provided for the course.