Mon, Sept 13|
NFPA COMBO, OPS #21-080
6-Day NFPA 1006 Confined Space and Rope Rescue Operations
Time & Location
Sept 13, 2021, 7:00 a.m.
Halifax, NS, 612 Windmill Rd Unit #103, Dartmouth, NS B3B 1B5, Canada
About the Course
Monday June 14th, 2021
Tuesday June 15th, 2021
Wednesday June 16th, 2021
Thursday June 17th, 2021
Friday June 18th, 2021
Saturday June 19th, 2021
Our 6-day Combination Confined Space/Rope Rescue Awareness & Operations course is a condensed program that takes advantage of the fact that many skills crossover between both disciplines (e.g. creating a mechanical advantage pulley system). Successful participants will gain the knowledge and skills to be an Operations level rescuer as outlined in NFPA 1006, Chapters 5 & 7. Building on the Basic Rescuer foundation skills, participants will be challenged to approach technical scenarios in a High Angle environment and will be introduced to rescue in a Confined Space environment. The course includes theory in a classroom environment but focuses on a hands-on approach to learning new equipment and refining techniques. Successful participants will be given two certificates: Confined Space Rescue, Awareness & Operations and Rope Rescue, Awareness & Operations.
This course will run at multiple locations throughout the week, based out of the Halifax/Dartmouth area.
Skills taught include:
- Define a confined space
- Identify types of confined spaces
- Explain the different hazard types found in spaces
- Mitigate hazards and perform control techniques
- Utilize personal protective equipment
- Comprehend basic atmospheric monitoring concepts
- Direct a team in the operation of simple and compound rope mechanical advantage system
- Direct a lowering/raising operations in high-angle and confined space environments
- Construct a multiple-point anchor system
- Construct a compound rope mechanical advantage system
- Ascend/Descend a fixed rope in a high-angle environment
- Tie and use knots, bends, and hitches
- Perform a slope rescue with a patient in a litter
Includes digital textbook. PPE provided for the course.