Mon, Oct 16|
NFPA Combo Tech #1
NFPA 1006/2500 Rope and Confined Space Rescue Technician
Time & Location
Oct 16, 8:00 a.m. – Oct 21, 5:00 p.m.
Coquitlam, 1500 Hartley Ave, Coquitlam, BC V3K 7A1, Canada
About the Course
October 16 - 21, 2023
Each day begins at 8AM, and will typical finish around 5pm.
Pre-requisites: NFPA 1006 Rope/Confined Space Operations
Our 5-day Combination Confined Space/Rope Rescue Technician course is a condensed program that takes advantage of the fact that many skills crossover between both disciplines (e.g. creating a mechanical advantage pulley system). Successful participants will gain the knowledge and skills to be an Technician level rescuer as outlined in NFPA 1006, Chapters 5 & 7. Building on the Basic Rescuer foundation skills, participants will be challenged to approach technical scenarios in a High Angle environment and will be introduced to rescue in a Confined Space environment. The course includes theory in a classroom environment but focuses on a hands-on approach to learning new equipment and refining techniques. Successful participants will be given two certificates: Confined Space Rescue Technician and Rope Rescue Technician
Skills taught include:
- Identify types of confined spaces
- Explain the different hazard types found in spaces
- Mitigate hazards and perform control techniques
- Utilize personal protective equipment
- Comprehend basic atmospheric monitoring concepts
- Direct a team in the operation of simple and compound rope mechanical advantage system
- Direct a team in lowering/raising operations in high-angle and confined space environments
- Construct single and multiple-point anchor systems
- Construct simple, compound and complex rope mechanical advantage systems
- Ascend/Descend a fixed rope in a high-angle environment
- Conduct a pick-off rescue of a suspended patient
- Conduct knot passes/load transfers
- Lead climb a structure to access a patient
- Tie and use knots, bends, and hitches
- Perform a slope rescue with a patient in a litter
- Move a patient horizontally over an obstacle using a variety of rope systems
- Use Supplied Air Systems in the conduct of a confined space rescue
This course normally runs in Coquitlam and North Vancouver.
Two weeks before the start date of your course you will receive more information on where to go and what to bring etc.
Now until September 01, 2023
Oct 15, 11:50 p.m.