Fri, Jan 20|
23-002 NFPA Combo Ops #1
NFPA Rope and Confined Space Combination, Operations Level Held over two weekends, 20-22 Jan and 27-29 Jan.
Time & Location
Jan 20, 2023, 8:00 a.m. PST – Jan 28, 2023, 8:00 a.m. PST
Coquitlam, 1500 Hartley Ave, Coquitlam, BC V3K 7A1, Canada
About the Course
Our 6-day Combination Confined Space/Rope Rescue Awareness & Operations course is a condensed program that takes advantage of the fact that many skills crossover between both disciplines (e.g. creating a mechanical advantage pulley system). Successful participants will gain the knowledge and skills to be an Operations level rescuer as outlined in NFPA 1006, Chapters 5 & 7. Building on the Basic Rescuer foundation skills, participants will be challenged to approach technical scenarios in a High Angle environment and will be introduced to rescue in a Confined Space environment. The course includes theory in a classroom environment but focuses on a hands-on approach to learning new equipment and refining techniques. Successful participants will be given two certificates: Confined Space Rescue, Awareness & Operations and Rope Rescue, Awareness & Operations.
Skills taught include:
- Define a confined space
- Identify types of confined spaces
- Explain the different hazard types found in spaces
- Mitigate hazards and perform control techniques
- Utilize personal protective equipment
- Comprehend basic atmospheric monitoring concepts
- Direct a team in the operation of simple and compound rope mechanical advantage system
- Direct a lowering/raising operations in high-angle and confined space environments
- Construct a multiple-point anchor system
- Construct a compound rope mechanical advantage system
- Ascend/Descend a fixed rope in a high-angle environment
- Tie and use knots, bends, and hitches
- Perform a slope rescue with a patient in a litter
There are no prerequisites for this course, however being able to tie basic knots is an advantage.
This course normally runs in Coquitlam and North Vancouver.
Two weeks before the start date of your course you will receive more information on where to go and what to bring etc.
- Ticket type
Registration of this course is subject to our Course Registration Policy. Please review the policy and understand the conditions around refunds before registering. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out.Price$1,250.00
+$62.50 GSTTax: +$62.50 GST